Friday, November 23, 2012

Family Dinner.

Family protrait
Today we sat down at the table as the poor turkey whom gave its life to sustain mine however the turkey was more lucky then I was.  When you sit at a dinner in my house the chances are you'll get a good show to go with the good food.  First begins Father asking this and that making the already raw nerves to almost disappear but don't get me wrong he means well.  I just   wish that his mind was healthy again that is something to truly be more thankful for that then anything else in the world.  We human's tend to be grateful after losing someone or something precious to us but being thankful should not have to happen after a loss.  We have pain but that doesn't mean we should not be thankful for life.  This family dinner may have seen Dad not having a good mental day but I'm still grateful that he is still with us.  As he grows older the less time we have together and I may complain about my family the reality is I'm more luckier then most.  I came from a family without verbal, physical, or sexual abuse even though I was sexually abuse the man was part of my family.  Oh don't get me wrong we fight have a bit of dysfunctional times but not the point it is unhealthy for us.  I know that we can have a healthy side and unhealthy side in everything in life.  Family is something to truly be grateful for even if they do make you ask the question: Why me, Lord?  Most important words for me are family, friends, and love but we often don't say love you enough so I ask this of you to always wake up saying I love you and go to bed saying I love you for life is something that is precious even if you don't feel like it is at this moment in time.  Especially during those times we don't feel so grateful is the time where we should fight even harder to be grateful once again.  The next time you have a family dinner whether it be on a holiday or just a ordinary one be thankful they are here enjoying good food and conversation with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment